Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

02 January 2006

Lay It On The Line

What the Fuck? Sometimes, you just have to say it and let things fall where they may.

The actual story is much more drawn out. But for the sake of this post, I will try to keep it short.

In high school, I was somewhat introverted. Popular, in the sense that everyone knew me. But really someone who was very unsure of how I fit into the world around me. I played water polo as the #2 goalie. Swam the 50 free, 100 free, and 100 breast. By far not the fastest, but certainly not the slowest in my disciplines. I had it rough, as many kids that age believe that they have it rough. I was suicidal as a junior and a zealot as a senior. Really, though, I was lonely. But I didn't date very often and didn't learn the etiquette of dating, that one learns at that age.

College was a different ballgame. I had thrown off the mantle of the church and went hog wild. I dated more. Learned more about me, but what I really learned was sex. I found something in which I was really good. However, the relationship angle, beyond the sex, I couldn't quite grasp.

Adult relationships continued this way for a long time. At least another five years after I graduated. Until finally, I made the decision that "Sex is an important thing, but I need the friendship in equal amounts."

Thus far, I have cultivated the relationship, but the sex sucked. Or the sex is great, but the relationship sucks. I still have a problem balancing the two. Or rather, finding both in one person.

Oh, I can go out and some action, if I really need it. But that game is old and boring. I can go out and date, but that always ends in "just a friendship".

In this, my off-season, I contemplate these things.

What if I had...Should I...

6 Comments:

  • At 03 January, 2006 03:19 , Blogger LL said...

    Babe, this was one of the most personal, insightful, and honest posts you've written. It was great and thanks for putting it out there. As for what you wrote, I think a lot of people are in the same boat as you. You know my situation. Sometimes you make mistakes, learn, and move on. Keep trying, you'll find her. *kiss*

     
  • At 03 January, 2006 09:55 , Blogger Annalis said...

    Well, I don't know how much advice I should be giving since my marriage went to hell, but I've learned a lot.

    I've learned we all crave and deserve that "juicy" relationship(notice I didn't say perfect). In order to have it you need to cultivate a strong friendship first and I do mean strong. Can you share your dreams, fantasies, wants, and needs with this person? Great sex is very important and will be born out of this strong connection.

    It's out there ER, we just have to have patience, an open mind and open heart.

     
  • At 03 January, 2006 17:07 , Blogger Earth Rooster said...

    LL - Thanks. It was something that I just had to post about.

    Annalis & Prufr0ck - What I was really trying to say in this is that I need that strong relationship to go along with the sex. Not an over-balance of either. P - I would love to experience that, but I haven't yet.

     
  • At 04 January, 2006 09:22 , Blogger NML/Natalie said...

    Great post and I too loved the honesty. You'll probably find that you strike the balance with someone who is more of a right fit for you. I guess it's all a learning process and your experiences have made you very aware of what has held you back or limited relationships, which means that you will no doubt go from strength to strength.

     
  • At 04 January, 2006 09:38 , Blogger Unknown said...

    Whoah, great post, ER.

    I understand where you're coming from. It's not easy to find. Quite honestly, I don't know if you'll ever get and equal balance of the two. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that there's probably a little of one than the other in any case. I guess I feel like we have to choose which it is we need a little more of. Which is still hard, because your partner may need more of the opposite. And I guess that's where compromise comes into play. And then you have all of what Pru said, acceptance, etc.

    I just try not to expect anything. My son once got a fortune cookie that said something like "Those who expect nothing are never disappointed." That stuck with me.

     
  • At 04 January, 2006 15:51 , Blogger Kent said...

    Since this is my season I don't worry about such things.

    But come June...I'll be feelin' ya Dude!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home