Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

26 January 2006

I Got: Musical Background

I listen to, usually, a wide range of music, as do a lot of people. With the death of the local rock station, I have had to revert to my roots. That is, country music.

The first show that I ever saw, was Willie Nelson, when I was six or seven. Center stage, five rows back. Willie was and still is my mom's favorite artist. She acquired the tickets in a lottery (of locations). I remember my older cousin fighting another guest over Willie's headband, as it was thrown into the crowd.

Alternately, the second show I saw was KISS in 1978, for the Alive II concert. I stood directly under Ace Frehley, with my nose pressed to the metal barrier. KISS was the first record that I ever purchased with my own money. Over the years, I never attended another KISS show, until the reunion show, also in my home town, in the same venue as the first show. Though, that time, I watched from further back.

These days, I pretty much listen to whatever my mood demands. Pretty much every type of music is in my personal collection, except jazz and a few bands. I strongly dislike any jazz. There are also a few bands that, for various reasons, have been excluded from my collection. The most popular of those being Led Zeppelin and the Grateful Dead. Any song by those two will set me off. Followed closely by Phish.


So with that background in mind, I purchased two cds today. The first is Nine Inch Nails, "Things Falling Apart" and the second is Little Big Town "The Road To Here".

The country first. LBT has some amazing vocal performances on it. I reminds me of almost an ABBA with a country sound.

The Nine Inch Nails disc is a remix of several songs from "The Fragile". The remix of "Slipping Away" is fantastic. However, I only enjoyed one of the three remixes of "Starfuckers Inc."

Both are great discs. If you are interested in either genre, I would recommend these choices.

1 Comments:

  • At 27 January, 2006 08:11 , Blogger LL said...

    Is that Little Big Town cd the one with Boondocks on it? I almost put up a video post with that song because I love it so much.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home