Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

26 April 2006

Political Stuff (Gas)

I don't really like making political posts. Not that I don't have the interest or the knowledge, but I think that others can say it or do it better than I can.

So, why is the government looking to lay a tax on the oil companies? Does this make any sense? Who do you think is going to pay for that tax, the corporations? I doubt it. It will be sold off to the consumer, which will end up raising the gas prices. The government in action, gotta love it.

I heard an argument on talk radio yesterday. The gist of which, was to have the government repeal the existing tax on gas, which in California is $0.504 per gallon (for both federal and state taxes).

See Kent's thoughts on this topic here.

1 Comments:

  • At 30 April, 2006 22:17 , Blogger Kent said...

    It's called a 'windfall profits tax,' and Jimmy Carter did it in the late 1970's, which resulted in those long gas lines.

    Congress would be foolish to do it again.

    P.S. That Kent guy is a genius.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home