Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

17 March 2006

V is for...


I just returned from seeing "V for Vendetta". I will not tell you of the storyline, the plot, or any of the subplots. You have to get out and see the movie for yourself.

Even if you are not a fan of this genre, I would still highly recommend the movie to adults. Still a bit iffy to take the kids to a movie like this.

Hugo Weaving is amazing in this role as "V". Not once in the movie do you see his face, but that voice is hard to forget. (Think of Mr. Smith from "The Matrix".) Natalie Portman, whether you like her as an actress or not, was superb in her role as well.

If you read the WSJ, you may have a slanted view of the movie. Yes, there are some parts that be construed as anti-American. But, if you are that shallow of a movie watcher, then you miss the bigger message.

I implore you to go out and see the movie this weekend. Check back with me then, as I would love to hear what your thoughts are from the viewing.

***The Next Day***

I am still very moved by the movie and plan to see it again, very soon. There is a lot to talk about, a lot to think about, and a whole lot more going on in the movie than what the general public would realize upon seeing [it].

The violence and language in the movie gave it an R rating. Is it something that kids don't see or hear everyday? Probably not. But, it is the content, the message, that would get lost in the action. I think that this is probably true for most adults as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home