Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

19 October 2005

Out of Line?

I may be out of line in saying this, but the new dress code for the NBA is justifiable. A new dress code has been handed down stating that all NBA players are to wear business-casual attire when involved in team or league business. Gone will be the chains, pendants, and medallions.

Right away, the black players of the league have voiced their displeasure at the memo that was handed out Monday. Players such as Stephen Jackson, Paul Pierce, Jason Richardson and Allen Iverson have all been highly vocal in their opposition.

I don't see this as a black/white thing. The NBA has an image that they want to promote to the public and they have a right to put their collective best foot forward. Look at Michael Jordan. When he was in the league, he projected an image. I think that the NBA wants to promote that same image.

But, I hate basketball. What do I know?

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home