Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

14 October 2005

Another Hockey Moment


Back when I played hockey for Fresno State, we played our first game at home. The local paper showed up to photograph us playing and write a story. Unfortunately, we played the number one team in the league from the year before.

We got beaten, badly. There was only one picture of the game and that, fortunately/unfortunately, was of me.

If you look at this photo, you will see that we have just started the third period. There are no defensemen back to help. We are getting killed. You can see the puck sitting just inside the far post. What you don't know is that there were 96 shots on goal that night. I was plain worn out by the time that this was taken.

This is a pic that I see nearly everyday. I hung it up, on purpose, to remind myself to never give up. No matter what.

2 Comments:

  • At 14 October, 2005 17:52 , Blogger Blondage said...

    Wow.

    I've had one of those days before, but there wasn't photographic evidence.

    Ooomph.

     
  • At 17 October, 2005 16:26 , Blogger Earth Rooster said...

    P - The final score in that game was 15 - 5. My defensemen quit skating in the second period, so I routinely had two or three on none breakaways all the rest of the game. I remember blocking a shot, they get the rebound, take shot #2, block that (now I am laying on the ice), take shot #3, and Gooooooal! It was a tough night.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home