Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

13 October 2005

Russian Beauty Pagent for Miss World


Russia has concluded it's Miss Russia contest. The contest saw a total of 38 contestants from 34 Russian cities. These Russian cities sent contestants ranging in age from 14 to 25.

The winner of this year's contest was Yulia Ivanova of Novosibirsk. Yulia is a 22-year old Siberian student. Interestingly, the top three were all brunettes, as have the winners of the parent contest for the past three years.

Contestants were judged on the following criteria: dressing in evening dresses, bikinis, dancing and reciting poetry.

For me, it is a relief in seeing that Russia has some beauties. Gone with the Soviet collapse are the women that could out bench press each other. The 'thick' women, so common in the eyes of Americans during that time.

I remember seeing this contest back in college, when I studied Russian (language and culture). The women then looked nothing like those pictured in this article. Thank God that is over. See more pics taken at this event, by Yevgeny Razdobarin, in the link.

Although, I am not into blondes (sorry blondage), props go out to Liudmila Turina from Armavir, for her rather revealing evening dress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home