Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

24 May 2006

Now Playing

I went total Goth with the most recent purchases. I really like the Goth sound, but I have to be in the mood to hear it (which, thankfully, is rarely anymore with the new meds).

The first is 69 Eyes, "Devils". This is another band out of Finland. "Devils" is the first American release for this band, however, the cd is hardly new having been released in Europe at the end of 2004. If you are tired of the over-played H.I.M., this is an excellent album to check out.

The second cd is Laguna Coil, "Karmacode". This Italian band, led by the amazing voice of Cristina Scabbia, is doing something new on this album compared to their previous releases. This is less Goth-like, with more experimental instrumentals. You can find tribal drums, violins, viola, ripping guitar riffs, and intoxicating vocals. The lead track "Fragile" is arguably the catchiest song, although, I think that there are better songs elsewhere on the disc. For LC fans, it is well worth the purchase. For the rest, I think that you will find the cd equally enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home