Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

08 December 2005

Winter Has Arrived In The Central Valley


It is officially the winter season here, now. Yesterday we had rain up past my bedtime. When I woke up in the morning to go to work, there was dense fog outside.

Those of you that have never been to the Central Valley of California in the winter, have no concept of the phrase "tule fog". The visibility in this fog is usually less than an 1/8 of a mile, about 600 feet. But it could be as low as 10 feet.

This picture really doesn't do the term justice.

Today, the visiblity when I left for work was about 50 feet. Slowly, throughout the day, the visibility rose to 'just fog' levels (about 1/4 mile) by 1130. Around noon, the sun was out in areas of the valley for a short time, before the temps caused the fog to reform after 1300. In some areas, today, the sun never came out at all.

This is winter in the Central Valley. And some of you thought that we had sun and good weather all year long! HA!

1 Comments:

  • At 09 December, 2005 14:35 , Blogger Kent said...

    I'll never forget Ragsdale driving my car (with me inside) 60 MPH through that fog my first year @ Fresno State.

    Never been so scared in my life, then or since.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home