Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

21 November 2005

Weekend Recap or This Past Weekend 2

***Warning, This Is A Long Post***

Let me preface the main story by telling you a well known fact about me, that was a recurring theme for my weekend. If I do not have accurate directions from Point A to Point B, I am guaranteed to get lost.

So, with that being said, here we go...

I left my house with Mapquest directions in hand to get to the meet. I was supposed to meet up with Kent, Paul, and Mason at the 21st Amendment in SF at noon, or thereabouts, on Saturday. But, due to traffic and other issues, I didn't arrive until 1400. Now let's remember, I have my trusty directions, but Kent insists that he has a short cut and that I should follow his guidelines. Like a dumbass, I listen and get my ass lost. I am on the phone with him cussing and getting very pissed off, looking around at all the gay folk, gay stores, and cross-dressers, basically SF freak central (I am not homophobic, just relaying the intel). I get directed out of the zone and into normalicy, or what passes for it in SF. (Did I ever happen to mention that I hate big cities?)

Finally, I pull up to the bar. Get out say my hellos and start to drinking. I polished off two Anchor Porters in roughly 40 minutes and a plate of pork ribs. Pay up and go to look for a hotel to crash in.

Four people, three cars. Only one guy, Kent, has cell numbers for everyone (bad move). So in keeping as to not get lost, I go second in the convoy of three. We drive around the city for at least half an hour with Paul in the lead. We find nothing. So, Mason takes the lead and I pull onto his ass (bad, bad phrase for SF). He leads us around for another half hour to find the Pacific Heights Inn. Not bad. Not what I would have chosen, but not bad.

We dropped off our shit in the room and walked down a couple of blocks to the Bayside Bar. Cool sports bar. We sit at the bar and eventually a table. We were there to see the Cal/Stanford game to be followed by the USC/Fresno State game. In the mean time, we ate and continued to drink. I continued with the dark beer theme and had exclusivly Guinness. Cal ended up winning which pleased Paul, a long time Cal fan. And it also made about a third of the bar happy, too. The next game, USC/FS, was of more interest to Kent, Mason, and I (we are all Fresno State alums). Did I honestly think that we were going to win, no. But I was expecting a good game. Not a normal USC blowout.

Unfortunately, there was a USC fan sitting right next to me, at the next table over. Every time Bush or USC in general did something good, he seemed to yell right in my ear. I was getting pissed off, but also pretty drunk (which didn't help). In the third quarter, our loud guy finally made his appearance. Sean (also an ex Fresno State guy) had a wedding to attend in South San Francisco and met us afterward. For some reason, while I was taking a leak, the annoying guy moved to another table with his group. So, when I returned, I didn't have to listen to him much there on out. Every once in a while, he would comment that a "public school" has no chance against USC. Well, Fresno State almost pulled off the upset, but we lost 42 - 50. Sean gave me a Bass at the end of the game, not good. Somewhere in this crazy night, I put in a drunken phone call to blondage.

I was pretty much spent. It was now 2330. Final beer count for the day in pints: 2 Anchor Porters, 10 Guinness, and 1 Bass in 9 1/2 hours. We went back to the hotel and I crashed. The rest of the guys went out again, see end of this post to read that recap.

Somewhere around 0430, they returned, where I apparently told them all to, "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" while I was sleeping. I don't remember, but I was sleeping after all.

Sunday morning...

Oh, the pain. I and the other guys were all seriously hung over. I don't know about them, but I am too old for this shit. Somewhere around 1000 we started to get our shit together to go to the SF/Seattle game.

So we caravan out to the game. I am third of now four cars. While on 101 South, I am about 1/4 mile behind car #2 talking to Kent on the phone and he tells me "Not this exit, the next one" and hangs up to call Sean behind me. I round the bend thinking, "Not this one, next one", but I see Mason #1 car and Paul/Kent #2 car sitting on the off ramp as I go by at 70 mph. Just Fucking Great! So, I have to go down to the next exit, go a couple of miles to find the 101 North on-ramp and come back. I am on the phone with Kent then Mason. I am more than a little pissed off at this point. So, in following the directions back, you guessed it I get lost. Perfect. After going all the way around the fucking stadium, I go up and down streets (doing a U at one point) while they read a map as I tell them the streets names on which I am located. Finally, I get to them.

They all load into my truck and we head in to the stadium. My thoughts are, "Hey, I was just here!"

Our seats are on the South side of the stadium (Monster Park) in lower box 7. Basically, we were in the first row off of the isle down into the section, just right (as we see it) of the goal posts. The game was good, although I thought that my Seahawks were going to fall back into their habbit of blowing the game at the end. But we ended up winning the game 27 - 25.

On leaving the stadium, Kent and a couple others had to stop at the port-a-potty. I told them I was headed for the truck. I got lost again. What did I expect. I came back to find everyone waiting for me. Hey, that is the way it goes.

Not much left to tell, really. We all headed home after the game. Sean to the central coast, Mason to the CA central valley, Paul and Kent to SD, and me to Modesto. While waiting in traffic (see next post), Kent described a situation going on a half mile back. Pretty funny.

Anyway, I got home at about 2030. Completly worn out. I hadn't seen Mason or Sean for at least 10 years, but seemed that no timed passed as we hung out together this weekend. Paul, a new buddy, fit right in like he was always there. And Kent, well that dickhead I see or talk to all the time. What a great weekend!

A different angle on this weekend can be found on Kent's Blog, Right From Left, titled "5 Drunk Bozos".

4 Comments:

  • At 22 November, 2005 10:58 , Blogger Kent said...

    You're such a whiner.

    I specifically told you to go STRAIGHT and what did you do? You TURNED into Candlestick Park.

    Dumbass.

    AWESOME WEEKEND Brother.

     
  • At 22 November, 2005 16:36 , Blogger Earth Rooster said...

    prufr0ck - We'll get some Guiness in you yet. Along as I know where I am going, everything is good. I can even tell you exactly where to go, then. But when I don't know, I am fucked.

    kent - Let me tell you for the 9000th time, when I got off of the freeway, you could only turn RIGHT. There was no Fucking straight to be made.

     
  • At 22 November, 2005 22:27 , Blogger Blondage said...

    Loved the drunken phone call. You and Kent totally cracked me up!

     
  • At 23 November, 2005 12:54 , Blogger Paul said...

    Dave, I gotta side with you on this, you were going North on the 101 which I realized after reading your post. Nowhere to go but right! Kent was still hammered and trying to give directions, bad combo.

    Hilarious post, I laughed out loud several times.

    Great weekend bud, glad we got to know each other.

    Paul

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home