Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

27 November 2005

Riding Weekend

First off , let me say that I am absolutely horrible at motocross. I really like riding, but I tend to get a little agro when on trails. On long uphill stretches, I have horrible technique and therefore struggle. Really, I just don't have the confidence riding a bike that I have on the snowmobiles.

I was unfortunately unable to get any pics, as the sand and wind would have torn up my camera. So, you will just have to use your imagination.

So, that being said, I had a great weekend.

We arrived in Jawbone Canyon (North of California City), located in the sothern end of the East side of the Sierra Nevadas. Before everyone had set up camp, several of the twelve guys already had their gear on and were ready to go. Water Rat was probably the first guy with his gear on and actually went out alone, while everyone else was getting ready. Water Rat is by far the best rider in the group and the one that everyone else follows. There was also, a whole lot of wind with up to 50 mph gusts, that blew sand into everything.

So, we all got geared up and headed out to follow where WR led us. First, to a short hill climb. On the way, only a half mile or so, we lost three guys. How they got lost, no one knows. (And they wouldn't say). Anyway, everyone hit the climb, except me. After they were all warmed up, we took off on a trail. I didn't do too bad on the trail. But, on the way downhill, I made it through the difficult section and crashed on a easier section. My front tire slipped out and I went over the front tire. I landed on my right elbow and left hip in a twisted position. Initially, I was a bit dazed, but otherwise ok. Getting the bike back up was a problem, but I managed to do so. On the ride back to camp, I could feel a tickling sensation down my right arm and filling my glove. I had a pretty good gash on my elbow, filled with one big pebble and a lot of sand that bled fairly steadily. With a little cleaning it turned out alright. We ate good food and drank a lot of beer. Finally crashing out at 2200.

On Saturday, Water Rat led everyone out on a more difficult trek. Everyone made it this time and on the first hill, I wasn't the only one that had trouble. So, we had to go on a different track. This one was easier for everyone, but me. With the group getting tired of waiting on me, I broke off and rode by my lonesome.

I rode on a fairly "groomed" track, really a hard packed dirt road. I saw the guys off playing to my right for a time. At one point, as I went around a left turn, I got into a sandy section and wiped out again. This time landing on my left knee. Fortunately, I rolled out of the crash none-the-worse for wear, jumped back on the bike and took off. A couple of miles in, I met up with the crew, then bailed on them again as I headed back towards camp and they off to a more difficult trailhead. Upon returning to camp, getting a bite to eat, and hiding from the wind, I inspected my left knee. The crash cracked my left knee/shin protector in half. Oh well, it did what it was supposed to do (protect me), I also found some new scratches on the helmet, and a tear in the pants.

Soon, other less experienced riders started coming back as the wind and trails started kicking their collective asses as well. We all had lunch and the big eight guys went back out to ride again. I meanwhile stayed inside the trailer, relaxed, and read a book. The wind got even more vicious and was glad to be inside.

Water Rat and K came back in a few hours with no other riders. They apparently took a treacherous route back and were the only two that could do it. The others struggled in about a half hour later after taking a long way back to camp.

I said my goodbyes and made the five hour drive home.

Today, I am tired and really fucking sore. The laundry list of pain includes: head, neck, right elbow, kidneys, lower back, hips, and left knee.

Nothing too serious, but just a few aches to remind me of the trip.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home