Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

02 October 2005

Pro Sports in CA

Ever since I was a kid, I have always hated the pro sports teams of California. Why, may you ask? Well, everyone in my home town was either a fan (for football) of the Raiders or the 49ers, (for baseball) the Giants, A's, or the Dodgers, (for basketball) the Lakers, and for hockey it was just the Kings for a while (in purple and gold), then the Sharks. I hated then, as I do today, to do or like what everyone else does or likes.

So, in 1976, I saw a football game that was the Seahawks vs. the Raiders. When the Seahawks won, I said that is my team. For baseball, I was a fan of the Senators. But, they moved to Texas. So, I didn't have a favorite for a long time. I rooted for the Rockies for a while. Then, Washington got the Expos franchise to become the Nationals. I had a baseball team again. Basketball, well I have always hated basketball. Pros/college no difference, just plain don't like the game. (This may stem from the fact that I am tall and everyone asks me if I played basketball).

But, the team that I have always followed (besides the Seahawks) has been the Boston Bruins in ice hockey. Back then, no one in CA really followed hockey, but I was an addict. In high school I had friends that were North Stars or Flyers or Islanders fans, but no one but me was a Bruins fan. In college, I was the only Bruins fan on my Collegiate Hockey Team.

I am soooo ready for hockey season. Last year totally sucked without the NHL playing due to lockout. My beloved Bruins take to the ice on Wed 5 Oct to face one the the perennial rivals of the team, the Canadians.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home