Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

25 September 2005

Weekend Made Me Tired

I dropped Kent off at the airport in Sac about three hours ago, for his return flight to San Diego. It was an enjoyable weekend with one of my best friends. Although, I am exhausted.

Too much beer, may be the main reason for this. Between the two of us, there were many gallons consumed. Kent drained my fridge of "Pilsner Urquell", which was just as well because I don't like it any way. (It was a remanent of a previous girlfriend). All of the St. Stans and Anchor Steam/Anchor Porter somehow disappeared, as did a growler of Pine Creek KGB.

Meanwhile, the micro-brewery in town made a sum of money off of us as well. I remember seven porters for me and a horrible IPA. I think that Kent had five porters, an ale, and a specialty beer. This was just on Friday night. On Saturday night, Kent and I each had two porters. (I had to be at work at 0430 on Sunday, otherwise...)

There was this waitress there that Kent was trying to hit on. But she kept shooting him down. She was, for some reason, fixated on me (according to Kent), but I wasn't really interested. Hippy chicks just don't do it for me, maybe it was all of the time that I spent in Yosemite, and the hippie culture there.

I also took Kent out shooting. He is dangerous with a gun. My brother handed him the weapon and Kent "killed" a hay bale. (He pulled the trigger accidentally). Luckily, Water Rat was out of the way and there was a clear background. I think that the shot startled him as he didn't want to try again.

We also hung out with Water Rat and his family, as well as my parents on Saturday afternoon. Kent hadn't seen the folks in over ten years. (Since just after we graduated college).

All in all, it was a great weekend. Thank God it is over. I need the sleep and the sobriety.

Pics soon to follow.

7 Comments:

  • At 26 September, 2005 13:31 , Blogger Kent said...

    My Hung Over Friend,

    You will stand corrected.

    [1] I wasn't 'hitting on' the skanky waitress. I complimented her on her vanilla perfume. Then she started hitting on YOU.

    [2] I wasn't 'afraid to shoot.' If you recall, I requested the next shot, but there were no shots to take and we had to get back on the road.

    [3] I drank all the Urquell's, two Anchor Steam's and some of that watery homebrewed crap. Oh, and then I drank all your Pitch Black II's.

     
  • At 26 September, 2005 16:53 , Blogger Earth Rooster said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 26 September, 2005 16:54 , Blogger Earth Rooster said...

    kent -

    (1) As I recall, you were the one that kissed the hand, neck, and head of said 'skanky waitress'.

    (2) There were plenty of shots to be had. A 'target rich enviroment', one might say. But, you didn't pull the trigger. Except maybe on Water Rat's .223.

    (3) Ah, yes, I forgot the Pitch Black II's. Thanks for reminding me.

     
  • At 27 September, 2005 13:30 , Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

    Why wasn't I invited???

    ~Eyes

     
  • At 27 September, 2005 15:55 , Blogger Earth Rooster said...

    ~Eyes - Anytime you want to come out to California, you are officially invited.

     
  • At 28 September, 2005 13:03 , Blogger Kent said...

    Yeah, why wasn't Eyes invited?

     
  • At 29 September, 2005 14:48 , Blogger Earth Rooster said...

    kent - shut the hell up. She is invited next time.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home