Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

06 September 2005

Reno Air Racing, Unlimited Class


This is an image of Lefty Gardner in 'White Lightning' going around pylon #8 at the Reno Air Races. The top of the Reno can is roughly 60 feet off of the ground. Lefty is about five feet above that.

This picture was shot from the infield. It is a special area for the media. A job that I had at one time.

'White Lightning' is a P-38. This is an example one of the major pursuit aircraft in World War 2.

2 Comments:

  • At 06 September, 2005 21:34 , Blogger Unknown said...

    Wow! That's WAY cool!

     
  • At 08 September, 2005 14:46 , Blogger Earth Rooster said...

    Jenn - Yeah, very cool. I look forward to the races every year.

    prufr0ck - Thank you. ESPN has tried to show the races, but it (like you said) doesn't translate well. You really need to be at one to get the full effect. They just recently held a race weekend for the planes back east, sometime during the summer. If you hear about it, go check it out. More pics on the way.

    j-kiss - I don't know if it is God's Country, but it is a beautiful area for high desert terrain. And the planes aren't too bad either.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home