Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

18 August 2005

RFTP 3 D "Bears 2"

This is the bear story that no one believes, but those that have lived there. But here it goes anyway.

In Yosemite, the LEOs (Law Enforcement Officers) enforce two strict laws concerning employee cyclists at night. 1. You must always have a light facing forward to see by and they will cite and sometimes throw people in the drunk tank for 2. A BUI (bicycling under the influence).

So, I am drunk and riding a bike. If you have a light on, everyone can see you weaving all over the place because you are drunk and no one wants to get a BUI. I do what anyone would, I leave the light in my backpack and head for home, roughly a mile and a half away.

Everything was going well. No crashes, no cops. I am almost home, when BAM! I do an endo over the front of my bike and land in the street. (Good thing I had a helmet on!) I turn around and in the moonlight, I see a bear standing in the road looking right at me. On the other side of it lay my bike.

It seems that I t-boned this bear. In my drunken shape (and no light) I didn't see it or it me as I was riding along.

This bear gave me a look that I remember so clearly, as if to say, "What are you, stupid? I am a bear!" But, it just looked at me and ambled off into the woods. I picked up my bike and went to a friends place to tell him my drunken story.

No one believed me, until morning. When upon looking at my bike for damage, I found tufts of bear hair stuck in the name plate on the front of the bike stem.

2 Comments:

  • At 19 August, 2005 03:16 , Blogger Unknown said...

    "It seems that I t-boned this bear." HAHAH! Dork! Love that.

    Be careful with them der bears. They ain't fun creatures to have a wrestle with! =P

     
  • At 19 August, 2005 09:09 , Blogger Earth Rooster said...

    Them der bears are nothing to be afraid of, really. There have been no incidents of bears killing people, at least recently.

    Thanks, as always, for your comments.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home