Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

22 August 2005

Iowa in Stockton

The USS Iowa was rejected a home port in San Francisco. The board of supervisors voted 8 - 3 against taking in the retired battleship.

Instead, the ship will be taken up the San Joaquin River into Stockton, CA. Stockton has already offered a dock on the river, a 90,000-square-foot waterfront building, and a parking area.

The city hopes to this will further bring people back to the riverfront located in the downtown area. Already, there is a new ball park for the single A team and, also, an ice arena for the hockey team located on the waterfront. City officials hope to attract at least 125,000 annual visitors to the ship.

It is not where I live, but I will certainly make the trip there to see her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home