Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

21 August 2005

RFTP 3 H "Ghosts of the Park"

I was not someone who believed in ghosts, before I moved to Yosemite. Afterwards, I don't really believe, but I don't disbelieve, either. I just saw too many things that I could not explain. The following are two examples of the things I saw/felt.

It is rumored among the employees that the small meadow directly in front of the Ahwahnee Hotel was at on time an Indian burial ground.

I was walking home from an area near the Ahwahnee, called Devil's Hot Tubs. The most direct way home was across this particular meadow.

I remember that it was hot, somewhere in the 90's. I got to one point in the meadow where there is a stump by the trail. Immediately, the temp dropped to the point where you could see your breath. I stopped, turned around and walked back by the stump and started sweating again.

I thought that maybe it was just a low spot, with water near the surface, and my mind playing tricks on me. I turned around again, passed the stump and it was freezing again. So, I stopped again, turned around and took the long way home.

The second incident was quite different. Some of my friends and I rode our bikes up to Mirror Lake, that is directly below Half Dome. It was evening and we were all wearing headlamps and carrying extra beers in our packs. We stopped at this one section of the lake, where a large rock sticks out of the water.

We sat there talking, when we heard a splash. So we turned on our headlights and looked to the ripples. They were coming from somewhere near the rock. But, I kind of figured that it was a falling stone that hit the water from fairly high. We continued to drink and talk, when there was another splash. Again, no one around and the ripples coming from the same area.

We decided to leave the lamps on to see what was going on. A few minutes later, we observed a column of mist, approximately five to five and a half feet high and about twelve to eighteen inches across. The mist floated up the rock, out in the water, and stopped at the top. It then "jumped" off of the rock and actually splashed into the water. As if it was an actual person jumping into the water.

We jumped on our bikes and bailed. Too spooky...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home