Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

08 August 2005

Erasing History

Today a 179-foot steel tower, that helped launch Atlas-Agena rockets in the 1960's, was demolished.

The Atlas-Agena rockets were used to map the moon to select suitable landing sites for later Apollo missions. This was a vital launch platform for many payloads in the early days of space exploration.

This was an aging structure that was enviromentally and structurally unsound.

Just another way for NASA to erase the memories of what we had once done in space [and have not accomplished since].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home