Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

20 June 2006

Doc And The Impending Surgery

I went to the urology doc yesterday. I got a bit of good news. First let me say, the docs in the Oakland ER told me that I had three stones (one in each kidney and one in my bladder). The bladder was a new one on me. Originally, my urologist told me of the big one on the right and a small one on the left. However, after my visit yesterday, the doc said that the stone on the left seems to have been passed, as it is no longer visible on the x-rays and that the "stone" in my bladder is a phantom return. (Although, I told him that I still feel relatively minor pain on that side as well as the major pain on the right. He believes that it may be something else. Which I will get to shortly.)

I also was scheduled for surgery. I have mixed emotions when it comes to this surgery. On the one hand, I WANT THIS F'N STONE OUT! On the other, I have to give up part of my vacation to have the surgery and I didn't particularly like the location of this surgery the last time that I had work there. But, really, there is no choice. I need to have this done, so at 1600 on 29 Thursday, I will be in lithotripsy surgery. At this time, the stone is just under 10 mm. After the procedure, the stone should be in pieces no bigger than 1 to 1.5 mm.

The doc also gave me some more medication. He looked at me and said, "I'll give you Vicodin." I told him that Vicodin may as well be straight Ibuprofin, for all of the good it will do me for pain.

"So, what did I give you last time", he asked.

"You gave me Percoset 5/325."

"How often?"

"Well the bottle said 1 or 2 every six hours. But at times, I was taking 2 to 3 every couple of hours for the major pain."

"That is an awful lot!"

"What do want me to do for pain, take what I got prescribed or go to the hospital for demorol or morphine?"

"Take what I gave you."

"Okey-dokey."


While I am under anesthetic, the docs are going to check out my left ureter. I had a stint in there 18 months ago (for six weeks) and the docs are going to make sure that it (the ureter) is the size that it is supposed to be. I had the stint in place to stretch the ureter back to its "normal" size. After so many stones on that side, I have much scaring in the area. If the ureter is back to the pre-stint size, I may have to have a more invasive surgery to replace or extensively repair the ureter. I am sincerely hoping that the ureter is not constricted again, as I am not looking to have to be cut open. That thought bothers me. Another thought that bothers me, I do not like going under a general anesthetic. However remote the chances are, there is a chance of not waking up. That, and I do not deal with coming out of the anesthesia very well.

Well, that is what is going on. I hope that things are going better for you, wherever you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home