Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

16 August 2005

Windows to the Soul

As I stated in the past, I do not like to have my picture taken. If I do (get it taken), then I need to either be wearing sunglasses or not have my eyes showing.

Why?

I have been told many things when people look into my eyes. Most see the rage and pain that is constantly in my soul. A select few see the calm core. I have scared more people by looking at them (uncovered) than I can count. At one time, I did have the awful fear that my essence would be trapped in a picture, if my eyes showed in them.

So, I salute those of you, like Jenn, her daddy's eyes, Kent, Erin, Gambl0r, and Katrina, for the showing of your eyes. Something I will have a hard time doing, if ever.

8 Comments:

  • At 16 August, 2005 16:02 , Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

    Eyes are a beautiful part of the human anatomy that allows us to show what's deep inside. I think you should embrace the beauty within, even if some choose only to see rage and pain that you describe. Your calm core is in there, people just need to relax in order to see what's truly inside of you!
    ~Eyes

     
  • At 16 August, 2005 17:48 , Blogger Earth Rooster said...

    Thanks, again. However, I guess that it has more to do with what I see in myself (when I see a picture with my eyes exposed). If you talk to my friends, like Kent (whose blog you have read) he says much the same as you. It is just an aspect of myself that I find lacking/disturbing.

     
  • At 16 August, 2005 17:55 , Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

    Here's hoping you find peace in your eyes...

    *holds up wine glass*

    xoxox

    ~Eyes

     
  • At 16 August, 2005 18:24 , Blogger Earth Rooster said...

    I see your wine toast and raise to you an Anchor Porter.

     
  • At 17 August, 2005 06:12 , Blogger Unknown said...

    Every emotion is an emotion worth experiencing.

    Eyes tell what the soul holds. You should show your eyes, they are always beautiful. The only bad eyes, are blank eyes.

     
  • At 17 August, 2005 07:42 , Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

    Rock on, Jenn!

     
  • At 17 August, 2005 18:54 , Blogger Earth Rooster said...

    Jenn-You are right. But, (long story short) if my eyes are the only thing that I don't show, this is a step forwrd for me. For a long time I didn't even show face. In my minds eye, I couldn't visualize my face for years. Now, I can visualize my face, but I see the darkness in my eyes.

    Maybe one day though, I will post a picture sans glasses.

    Eyes- Nice pun!

     
  • At 18 August, 2005 12:27 , Blogger freethoughtguy said...

    And dark glasses can invoke a little mystery too.

    (see my profile pic!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home