Rock Out With Your...

This is about anything and everything. Music, news, some political, things I or my friends see, or just about anything talked about during the course of the day. I am also very interested in the Russian culture, so expect some of that as well. I might offend some people on this site, but I don't care. Remember, "Rock Out With Your Cock Out!"

10 August 2005

Skinny White Man in a Big Metal Box

So, I know that I have mentioned this topic before, but I just wanted to re-emphasize the point.

I sell consumable products from a big metal box, on wheels. It has been hot here, somewhere in the 100's F. I truck around town in this box, as I said, that attracts heat. When it is 100 outside, it is somewhere around 115 to 120 inside. With no a/c. Just two windows and a vent. To make matters worse, the engine is sitting behind a thin piece of aluminum, about three inches from my right knee. So, you get the heat from that as well.

There is not enough Gatorade or water that you can drink to keep you hydrated. To add to this misery, I have an 0400 start time (a 1600 end time [or thereabouts]). At this time in the morning a stimulant of some kind is needed [I prefer Pepsi or Mountain Dew] to get going, also, this adds to the dehydration.

You can take Gatorade or water with you, but eventually, it will run out. The customers are no help. Can I get some ice? Sure, for a charge. How about some water? Charge for that too. Out of the faucet? Yes, that too.

After five days of this, you can come home for a brief respite. But, then it is too fucking hot to sleep, without sweating your ass off. What about a/c at home? Do you know what they charge in CA for that? I have to set it at 82, just to afford it.

By the time the weekend comes, it is time to get the hell out of Dodge. Someplace cool. Someplace wet.

I can't wait for winter and the cold [then I will be wishing for some heat].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home